Archive for the Uncategorized Category
We’ve packed up The Rant’s home on the Web and moved it to Facebook.
From here on out, visit us online at
and become a fan today.
The above video is a typical Wednesday morning (all we included was the camera and some music) for The Rant, a weekly morning radio show broadcasting from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays on 90.5 FM, WDCC in Sanford, North Carolina.
Learn more about us at our Facebook page, http://fbook.me/therant and become a fan today.
This video is a low quality version … and a higher quality version should be downloaded in the coming days.
Well, it was a learning experience on the Rant today.
In addition to learning more about the TIP411 program with Sanford Police Department’s Marshall Cameron, we learned about the “Stanky Leg” and all of the nonsense that goes along with it. Watch for The Rant’s upcoming production of “DooDoo Foot.”
Also discussed this week:
• Lee County Republic Party
• Obama’s bad week
• The “Best of Lee County” edition (due out Saturday)
• News of the Weird
And much, much more.
Clips that you’ll hear on the Jan. 14 edition of The Rant.
Geroge Bush video
Beck Modern Guilt
Now you can play along with today’s The Rant. Below are a series of clips and audio files that will be played on today’s broadcast. The Rant airs live from 8 to 9:30 a.m. on WDCC, 90.5 FM in Sanford, and the podcast goes up on this site later in the day.
TOP 5 CHRISTMAS SONGS
5. “All I want for Christmas is you” by Mariah Carey
4. “Christmas time is here” by the Chipmunks
3. “Happy Christmas” by John Lennon
2. “Let me Sleep” by Pearl Jam
1. “Silver Bells” by Elvis Presley
1. Jingle bells
1. Bob & Doug’s 12 Days of Chrismas
George Bush dodges questions, shoes
HEATH LEDGER as The Joker
Our guest this week was Jordan-Matthews High School Librarian and recent Jeopardy! contestant Rose Pate, who talked to us about her experience and whether Alex Trebek is as manly as he thinks he is.
Also this week:
• Billy’s least favorite Christmas songs and favorite Christmas specials
• Local headlines
• Gordon vs. Jonathan in studio Jeopardy!
This week, in honor of food and all things Thanksgiving, we had chef Chad Blackwelder, owner of Bella Bistro in downtown Sanford, as our guest. And a great guest he was.
Also this week:
• Thanksgiving tradition talk
• Christmas parade talk
• Mullet talk
And of course, much much more.
(note: the first 28 seconds is bad music, we hit “record” too soon)
It was a big day for The Rant.
In addition to the show gaining an extra half hour … the following happened today:
• The PODcast, hosted by Sports Editor Alex Podlogar (get it?) followed with its first-ever 30-minute sports talk show.
• Gordon Anderson reported live from Gen. Wesley Clark’s visit in downtown Sanford. Clark was here to stump for Barack Obama.
• We gave away tickets to a Nine Inch Nails concert today (congrats, Miranda … we’ll give away another pair next week).
• Herald Publisher Bill Horner III dropped political knowledge on us a day after last night’s political forum, hosted by The Herald.
Other stuff we talked about:
• Mountains vs. the beach?
• The Herb Hincks sign situation
• The failed AFP rally
• … much, much more