We’ve packed up The Rant’s home on the Web and moved it to Facebook.
From here on out, visit us online at
and become a fan today.
Our guest this week was Dr. Diane Schaller from Willow Creek Animal Hospital, who was in studio to talk about her business, click here to visit their site, upcoming animal CPR classes, ways to help your pets cope with the summer heat, the need for animal tethering laws and much, much more.
We also talked about:
• Michael Jackson’s death (are you surprised)
• This Saturday’s pie-eating contest
• Local education-related headlines (school cutting jobs, school enacting Facebook policy, school sex-ed policies)
• Entertainment news with Mary Mason
• A surprise guest (hint: she’s Gov. Sanford’s “soul mate”)
Well, we celebrated a year on the air this week, and for two hours, the show was all about us. Listen for clips from the past year, several “happy birthday” calls from loyal listeners and a few surprise phone calls here and there. Definitely worth sticking around for.
Here’s to another year.
The above video is a typical Wednesday morning (all we included was the camera and some music) for The Rant, a weekly morning radio show broadcasting from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays on 90.5 FM, WDCC in Sanford, North Carolina.
Learn more about us at our Facebook page, http://fbook.me/therant and become a fan today.
This video is a low quality version … and a higher quality version should be downloaded in the coming days.
We were firing on all cylinders this week with guest Eddie Watkins, drummer from Dr. Powerful and one of the brain-children behind the upcoming summer music fest, “This Thing We Did,” set for Aug. 8 at Old Gilliam Park in Sanford (cost is just $5 for a bunch of solid bands). To learn more about TTWD, visit their Myspace page, www.myspace.com/ttwdfest .
Also this week:
* Entertainment news (talk a little Tonys)
* One-year anniversary (ideas for next week’s milestone show)
* Local headlines (Garner explosion, election controversy and more).